Mushroom-filled Pork Chops
Preparation time: 20 minutes
4 boneless thick cut pork chops
3 tsp olive oil (divided)
1/4 sweet yellow onion or shallots diced
12 cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onions and mushroomsand until tender. Add the minced garlic and stir constantly for 45 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Slice pockets into the pork chops by slicing horizontally along the side of the chop, and almost through to the other side. Season the pork chops on both sides with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Fill the chops with the mushroom mixture and close the chops with a toothpick.
- In a large oven safe skillet (I used my Dutch oven), heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Sear the pork chops on one side for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Flip them over and place the skillet in the oven for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for 3-5 minutes before serving.