Grilled Garlic Parmesan Crusted Scallops
Preparation time: 45 minutes (15 minutes preparation and 30 minutes set up)
Cooking time: approximately 8-10 minutes
1/2 cup fine Italian bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
16 large sea scallops
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic salt, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Pour olive oil into a shallow bowl.
- Rinse scallops under cold water, then dip into the olive oil.
- Press scallops into bread crumb mixture. Gently toss between your hands so any bread crumbs that haven’t stuck can fall away. Place the breaded scallops onto a plate while breading the rest.
- Place the scallops in the refrigerator to allow the breading to set, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Brush the scallops lightly with more olive oil.
- Grill on the preheated grill until golden brown on both sides, about 3-4 minutes.
Suggested wine pairings: Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, Viognier