Parmesan Chicken with Caesar Romaine
Recipe by Chef Michael Rooney
This is an easy but tasty meal. The heat chars the edges of the romaine leaves and softens the inner layers. You can also char your romaine leaves on an outdoor grill.
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; place on prepared sheet.
- Combine cheese, panko, 2 tablespoons oil, parsley, and 1 garlic clove in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pat panko mixture onto breasts. Roast chicken until crumbs begin to turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Drizzle romaine with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 chopped garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove sheet from oven; place romaine roast right around chicken. Roast until chicken is cooked through and lettuce is browned at edges, about 5 minutes.
- Divide among plates. Top lettuce with anchovies; garnish with lemon wedges for squeezing over the salad.